Methacton School District DEI Team
February 18, 2021
Per the direction of the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion consultant, the district is seeking a 30-member committee to form the Methacton School District DEI Committee. Members of the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee are responsible for developing processes, protocols, resources, and program initiatives that directly relate to the strategic goals of the Methacton School District as well as recommendations from the equity audit. Committee members are expected to participate in monthly DEI Committee meetings as well as their designated sub-committee meetings. The application process opens on Thursday, February 18, 2021 at NOON and closes Monday, February 22, 2021 at 3pm.
Expectations of Time Commitment for Sub-Committee Members: 5-10 hours/month depending on the scope and nature of assigned projects in each sub-committee.
30 individuals will be selected for the following 5 committees:
- Human Resources – Through a DEI lens, the Human Resource subgroup will work with the district to address policy and practice finding, screening, recruiting, and training of job applicants, and the administration of employee-benefit programs.
- Professional Development – Through a DEI lens, the Professional Development subgroup will work with the district to develop and implement strategies for departments, individual schools, and the district use to ensure that educators continue to strengthen their practice to support all students.
- Curriculum – Through a DEI lens, the Curriculum subgroup will work with the district to review, develop, and implement strategies to improve curriculum and instruction.
- Community Outreach – Through a DEI lens, the Community Outreach subgroup will work with the district to assist in the offering of education, social planning, and support activities to the Methacton School District community.
- Student Life – Through a DEI lens, the Student Life subgroup will work with the district to assess the everyday life of ALL of our students as well as school and district culture.
The DEI Leadership Team along with the consultant will be reviewing the applications during the week of February 22, 2021 and individuals selected will be notified in the second week of March. The first meeting will take place in late March. If not selected for this 30-member committee, please know that there will be additional opportunities to take part in this process in other meaningful ways.