Accessing Student Username and Password – Setting up Password Recovery
To allow your student to login to their Chromebook you will need to have their username and password. To access your child’s username and password, please login to PowerSchool with your parent portal account on a computer or mobile phone.
- Select “School Information” from the left-hand navigation menu.
- Find the Username
- Find the Password*
Use the above information to login to the Chromebook for the first time.
Please follow the steps below to create a Password Recovery and Reset the Password
*It is recommended that the password is something the student will be able to remember while also unique.
Upon logging into the Chromebook you should be directed to the Methacton Launchpad. If for some reason you are automatically directed to the Chrome browser, please visit the Launchpad at: Launchpad.classlink.com/methacton.
To set-up account recovery and reset the password, please follow the steps below:
- Select the icon in the upper right.
- Choose Settings
- Choose Recovery.
- Select Mobile Phone and/or Questions and enter in the information necessary.
- Also note that this is where you can choose to Reset Password.
- Once the mobile phone and/or questions have been enabled this will allow users to enter into the LaunchPad (image1) and choose Help, I forgot my password.
- This will then prompt the user to type in their username (image 2).
- Then, either type in the mobile number or answer the question (image 3) to reset the password.
- Finally, follow the instructions for resetting the password.