Integrated Pest ManagementThe Methacton School District utilizes an "Integrated Pest Management" (IPM) approach to maintenance of our buildings and grounds.IPM is the coordinated use of pest and environmental information to design and implement pest control methods that are economically, environmentally and socially sound. IPM promotes prevention over remediation and advocates integration of at least two (2) or more strategies to achieve long-term solutions.
Integrated Pest Management Plan is a plan that establishes a sustainable approach to managing pests by combining biological, cultural, physical and chemical tools in a way that minimizes economic, health and environmental risks.In accordance with MSD Board of School Directors policy 716, the school district shall use pesticides only after consideration of the full range of alternatives, based on analysis of environmental effects, safety, effectiveness and costs. When pesticide applications are scheduled in school buildings and on school grounds, the district shall provide notification in accordance with law, including:
- Posting a pest control sign in an appropriate area.
- Providing the pest control information sheet to all individuals working in the school building.
- Providing required notice to all parents/guardians of students or to a list of parents/guardians who have requested notification of individual applications of pesticides. If you would like to request notification of the application of pesticides, please click here to complete a simple online form and add your family's name to the district's IPM notification list.
To read more about Methacton's IPM approach, click to download MSD School Board Policy 716.
Pesticide Application NotificationsThe district will post detailed information about upcoming applications on our website, including when and where the application will occur.
SCHEDULED APPLICATION SITE/DETAILS
DATE OF SCHEDULED APPLICATION
Herbicide/Pesticide Application -
Transportation Center & Worcester Elementary School
- Notification of Pesticide/Herbicide Application | Transportation Center
- Notification of Pesticide/Herbicide Application | Worcester Elementary School
- Termidor Safety Data Sheet
- Patrol Safety Data Sheet
Friday, June 10, 2022National Pesticide Information CenterThe NPIC provides objective, science-based information about pesticides and pesticide-related topics to enable people to make informed decisions about pesticides and their use. NPIC is a cooperative agreement between Oregon State University and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.On the NPIC website, you will find pesticide fact sheets that provide detailed information on the active ingredients of herbicides and pesticides used as part of Methacton's IPM strategy. Click the logo above, or visit http://npic.orst.edu/index.html.