Integrated Pest ManagementThe Methacton School District utilizes an "Integrated Pest Management" (IPM) approach to maintenance of our buildings and grounds.IPM is the coordinated use of pest and environmental information to design and implement pest control methods that are economically, environmentally and socially sound. IPM promotes prevention over remediation and advocates integration of at least two (2) or more strategies to achieve long-term solutions.
The Integrated Pest Management Plan is a plan that establishes a sustainable approach to managing pests by combining biological, cultural, physical and chemical tools in a way that minimizes economic, health and environmental risks.In accordance with MSD Board of School Directors policy 716, the school district shall use pesticides only after consideration of the full range of alternatives, based on analysis of environmental effects, safety, effectiveness and costs. When pesticide applications are scheduled in school buildings and on school grounds, the district shall provide notification in accordance with law, including:
- Posting a pest control sign in an appropriate area.
- Providing a pest control information sheet for all individuals working in the school building.
- Providing required notice to all parents/guardians of students or to a list of parents/guardians who have requested notification of individual applications of pesticides. If you would like to request notification of the application of pesticides, please click here to complete a simple online form and add your family's name to the district's IPM notification list.
To read more about Methacton's IPM approach, click to download MSD School Board Policy 716.
Pesticide Application NotificationsThe district will post detailed information about upcoming applications on our website, including when and where the application will occur.
SCHEDULED APPLICATION SITE/DETAILS
DATE OF SCHEDULED APPLICATION
EMERGENCY SERVICE | Pesticide Application
MHS Post Prom Shed
- Tempo Insecticide | EPA Reg. #432-1373
- MHS Post Prom Shed IPM Notification
Saturday, October 14, 2023
Transportation Bus Compound
Saturday, October 14, 2023
Arrowhead Elementary Schools
- Arrowhead Elementary School IPM Notification
- Celero Safety Data Sheet
- Freehand Safety Data Sheet
- Roundup QuikPRO Safety Data Sheet
Monday, October 9, 2023National Pesticide Information CenterThe NPIC provides objective, science-based information about pesticides and pesticide-related topics to enable people to make informed decisions about pesticides and their use. NPIC is a cooperative agreement between Oregon State University and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.On the NPIC website, you will find pesticide fact sheets that provide detailed information on the active ingredients of herbicides and pesticides used as part of Methacton's IPM strategy. Click the logo above, or visit http://npic.orst.edu/index.html.