As the first day of the 2022-2023 school year approaches on August 30, here are a few notes and reminders to help your family prepare for another successful school year:
PowerSchool Parent Portal
- Class/Teacher Assignments will be available in PowerSchool on the following date:
- Methacton High School/Arcola/Skyview/All Elementary – August 15, 2022
- Contact Information Verification: Please review your student’s emergency contact information in PowerSchool (Navigation Menu > Forms > General > Emergency Contacts) to verify the information is correct or make any necessary updates.
- The following forms can be found under Navigation Menu > Forms > General Forms.
- Acknowledgements (available on August 24, 2022)
- Handbook Sign Off: Please review your student’s school handbook in PowerSchool or on the building websites. You will be prompted to acknowledge that you have reviewed and discussed the document with your student.
- Code of Conduct Sign Off
- Acceptable Use Policy
- 1:1 Student Device Program Guidelines
- Board Policies
- Optional Publicity Refusal Form (available August 24, 2022): If you do not want your student videotaped or photographed in the 2022-2023 school year, complete the Publicity Refusal Form in PowerSchool by September 13, 2022.
- Visit https://www.methacton.org/powerschool for details on how to access your parent portal account. If you have not already established your portal access, please call the main office at your student’s school to obtain the necessary credentials (Access ID and Password for each student) to create your account.
- Student Health Form: This year, a paper copy with directions from the school nurse will be provided to you once your child returns to school. A copy of the form is also available on the district’s website under Pupil Services > Health Services for you to download, complete and return to your school nurse.
- 2022-2023 student school bus assignments will be available within PowerSchool on August 22, 2022 after 7pm.
- For any questions/concerns related to transportation, please visit the transportation website: methacton.org/transportation.
School Supply Lists
- Elementary - On August 16th, elementary principals will email teacher’s welcome letters, which contain necessary supplies.
2022-2023 School Year Calendar at a Glance
The instructional calendar is approved by the Board of School Directors in the spring for the following school year. It is distributed to all families each year via email, and outlines days schools are in session, potential make-up days, etc. Find other events and activities for the coming school year on the district website calendar.
Back to School Night Schedule
Methacton High School
- September 7 (Grades 9 and 10): 7:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- September 15 (Grades 11 and 12): 7:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Arcola Intermediate School
- August 31: 6:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Skyview Upper Elementary School
- September 28: 6:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Arrowhead Elementary School
- September 29 NEW DATE: October 12: 6:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Eagleville Elementary School
- September 21: 6:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Woodland Elementary School
- September 22: 6:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Worcester Elementary School
- September 13: 6:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Get more back to school news and information at www.methacton.org/backtoschool. We will update this page as needed, as we approach the first day of school.