AK Rev. 12/16/2020
December 8, 2020
Dear Methacton Parents/Guardians,
On premises hybrid instruction will resume starting Monday, December 14, 2020 for students in all grades who are enrolled in the Empower, Inspire, Succeed, and Achieve (formerly Full Time) student groups.
The Board of School Directors updated the Health and Safety Plan to allow for a return to in person instruction while continuing to provide an all online instructional option. The adoption of these changes DO NOT impact the health and safety measures that have been put into practice during the hybrid phase-in week of November 9-13.
The change reflects updated recommendations issued by the Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE) on November 23, 2020 and, as such, changes the metrics that the district uses to determine a school or district closure. The newly adopted metrics now allow Methacton School District to take COVID-19 case levels within an individual school building into account (when having to close school) as compared to using the former metrics that were strictly district based. It is important to note that parents and guardians may receive very short notice that students in a particular school building will be required to go virtual for a specified period while the district takes the PDE prescribed mitigation, cleaning and contact tracing measures.
Specifically, the Health and Safety Plan changes include:
- The district will use guidance from the Montgomery County Department of Health for determining district-wide closures.
- The district will adopt the “Recommendations for Small/Medium/Large School Buildings Following Identification of a Case(s) of COVID-19”.
- Provide continuous reinforcement in all of our communication to parents about the need to report positive cases and close contacts.
- The district will provide and update the district data dashboard.
- The district will provide parents who opted for in-person instruction for their child(ren) the ability to remain virtual with proper notification to school.
Parents/Guardians of children that originally opted for in-person hybrid may choose to attend virtually while keeping child's on premises slot through the end of the semester, January 28, 2021. Email the child’s Principal or House/Grade Principal if you wish to make a permanent or temporary change from on premises to virtual. You can find a list of building level contacts in the Reopening Guide for Students and Families.
As we prepare for our return to hybrid instruction, we want to remind you to review and complete the Student Self-Screening Checklist with your child prior to leaving home for school every day.
The hybrid schedule is organized into the following groups:
- Empower (Monday and Wednesday On Premises)
- Inspire (Tuesday and Thursday On Premises)
- Succeed (Monday through Thursday On Premises)
- Full-Time ( Monday through Friday On Premises)
Your child’s hybrid grouping can be found in the PowerSchool Parent Portal by clicking the “School Information” button as shown in the image below.
HYBRID INSTRUCTIONAL SCHEDULE
December 14, 2020 – December 23, 2020
Online only students (100% Virtual Students) have school on each of the days scheduled above.
Your child’s transportation assignment, pick up and drop off times can be found in the PowerSchool Parent Portal by clicking the “Transportation” button as shown in the image below. Please have your child wait at the assigned bus stop at least 10 minutes prior to their scheduled pick up time. Contact the transportation office at 610-489-5078 with any questions.
Beginning on December 14, meals will be served to students attending school on in person days. We will continue to provide curbside meal distribution according to the following schedule:
Thank you for your cooperation, flexibility and partnership as we prepare for our return to hybrid learning.
Dr. David Zerbe
Superintendent of Schools