How do I access to the Community Web Portal?
You will need to use a web browser (Internet Explorer 5.5 or higher, Macintosh or Windows and a computer with a monitor resolution of at least 800 X 600 and a 56.6K modem speed or greater). Access the login website at:
or by visiting https://www.methacton.org/and clicking the Community Web Portal icon in the topmost gold banner throughout the district's website.If you are initiating access for the first time, you will need to sign up for a Personal Identification Number (PIN) in order to log in to the Community Web Portal. Create an account for yourself using the following instructions:
- Go to www.methacton.org/portal and click “Create a Web Portal account.”
- Enter the word “methacton” into the KEYWORD space provided. The keyword is not case sensitive.
- The next screen that appears is the Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) to which you must agree in order to be granted access to the Community Web Portal. At the bottom of the page you must “agree” to the policy and click on “continue” to proceed.
- Complete the access application on the next screen. All requested information that is identified with an asterisk (*) must be completed.
- At the bottom of the application, please create a user name and password. Please make sure that the user name and password are comprised of standard alphanumeric characters and are not offensive in content.
- Submit the form electronically by clicking on the “Save Form and Continue” button.
- In order to complete the process, you must print and sign a hardcopy of the application, and:
- Mail or hand deliver the signed application to:
- Methacton School
Attn. Eileen Brown
1001 Kriebel Mill Road
Eagleville, PA 19403
- Scan and email the signed application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You must complete the sign up procedure once for your students and return a completed application form by mail to the address listed above. Once we receive the signed hard copy, access to all students will be established under one username and PIN. If you are adding students to an existing account, the same procedure applies, and access to all existing and new students will be established under your existing username and PIN.I already have an account for my Arcola/MHS student, how do I add my elementary school students to my existing account?Parents who already have access to the Community Portal for their older students at Arcola and MHS will now begin receiving e-mail notification when it is necessary to access the portal in order to read important communications from their child's school. These families will now need to add any elementary school students to their profile in order to begin receiving communications from their elementary schools via the portal. This is accomplished by following the procedures for establishing an account, listed above, and completing the paperwork for your elementary school student(s). In order to complete the process, you must print a hardcopy of the application form, sign it and return it by mail to the address listed above. You will receive an e-mail notifying you that the account has been successfully established, and you may begin accessing your elementary school student's information using the same username and PIN number you have in place for your secondary students.I followed the sign up procedures online, but I didn't receive my PIN, what's wrong?In order to complete the process, you must print a hardcopy of the application form, sign the form and return it by mail to:Methacton School District, Attn.: Community Web Portal Support, 1001 Kriebel Mill Road, Eagleville, PA 19403. A notification letter containing a school-generated personal identification number (PIN) will be e-mailed to you. Be sure to check your SPAM (junk mail) folder! When you receive your PIN, you will be able to log in at the Parent Web Portal site. Once you are successfully logged in to the Community Web Portal, further directions on how to navigate the site are available by clicking on the “Help” link located on the left hand side of the display.Who do I contact with questions about the portal, or if I forget my PIN?If you have questions regarding the use of the Community Web Portal or forget your PIN, please contact the Technology and Information Services department by calling 610-489-5048 or via e-mail at: K12questions@methacton.orgI don't have access to a home computer; can I still use the Community Portal?Access can still be established, so that you can use an available computer with internet access at your local library, etc. Please contact the Technology and Information Services department by calling 610-489-5048 or via e-mail at: K12questions@methacton.org and staff will help facilitate access for your student. In addition, it is important to contact the principal's office at your student(s) school(s) so that they can make sure to continue to provide you with paper copies of all school communications so that you may receive information in a timely fashion.How will Community Portal e-mails be used?Methacton schools issue e-mails to families via the secure parent portal. This is a great way to reach all of our families and provide information that would traditionally be mailed to students. The secure, password protected nature of the portal access allows Methacton to communicate information that would previously have necessitated a direct mailing, incurring the cost of time, paper, envelopes and postage. This will also serve as an additional tool to communicate general building news, much like the website.
- Once the application is approved, a notification letter containing a school-generated personal identification number (PIN) will be e-mailed to you. Be sure to check your SPAM (junk mail) folder! When you receive your PIN, you will be able to log in at the Community Web Portal site using your User Name, Password and PIN#. Once you are successfully logged into the Community Web Portal, further directions on how to navigate the site are available by clicking on the “Help” link located on the left hand side of the display.
Messenger will continue to be the district's primary communications tool for critical news and emergency communications.I recently obtained access for my elementary school student; will I be able to track his/her progress?It is important to note, that while the Parent Portal is used primarily as a tool for parents to monitor their secondary students' attendance and academic progress, it's primary focus for elementary families will be as a tool to facilitate the paperless distribution of information. Paperless elementary report cards will be posted to the portal when they are ready to issue, but classroom progress will not be posted throughout the marking period due to the nature of elementary school progress assessment.
How can I differentiate the Parent Portal e-mail from other e-mails issued by Methacton and the home and school associations?
- Community Web Portal e-mails will have the subject line, “Community Web Portal News Notification”
- Website or “Schoolwires” e-alerts issued primarily by the home and school associations have varying subject lines, always preceded by the word, “E-Alert:”