Welcome to Worcester Elementary School! The curriculum at the elementary school level includes: English language arts (reading, writing, listening, and speaking), mathematics, science, and social studies. The keystone to our elementary program is a balanced literacy approach that emphasizes the acquisition of a scope and sequence of skills and strategies within the context of reading and writing to ensure that our students become lifelong learners and problem solvers. A developmental guidance curriculum is taught by counselors at all grade levels. Beyond the regular day, the elementary schools have a co-curricular program that includes special area teachers in art, vocal music, instrumental music, specialized curricular areas, health and physical education, speech therapy and English as a second language. Instructional assistants support teaching efforts in many ways. All classrooms are equipped with networked computers for enrichment in language arts and mathematics.
Worcester Elementary School is committed to providing students with a high-quality education within a welcoming and nurturing environment.
Our Worcester Wolves understand their role in maintaining a safe learning environment, demonstrate respect for all, and assume responsibility for leading the PACK with:
We value creativity, strive for higher levels of achievement, embrace kindness, and demonstrate our PAW Pride by modeling, encouraging, and promoting behaviors that reflect our commitment to safety, respect, and responsibility.
We put safety first by…
- Keeping our hands, feet, and objects to ourselves.
- Reporting unsafe conditions to an adult.
- Traveling the building in an orderly fashion.
- Remaining in our assigned areas (classroom, cafeteria, playground, etc.).
- Wearing appropriate clothing.
We respect others by…
- Demonstrating appropriate verbal and non-verbal behavior.
- Respecting the property of others as well as school property, including buses.
- Following directions.
- Walking silently in the hallway.
- Taking turns.
- Including others.
- Listening to announcements, safeties, and adults during both admission and dismissal.
We are responsible by…
- Remembering to take all belongings home at the end of the day.
- Completing assignments on time.
- Coming to school prepared.
- Following classroom rules.
- Arriving to school on time.
- Attending school on a consistent basis.
- Going to an adult for help.
We believe in the power of collaboration. We value the role of each member of our learning community and understand that everyone has a responsibility to contribute to the success of our PACK. Together, we can assist all of our wolves with reaching higher levels of academic understanding and with assisting them with acquiring the necessary skills to become productive and caring citizens who have the skills to make a difference in the world.
Thank you for your support of our learning community!