Kindergarten Snack Guidelines
Snack is optional, kindergarten students are only here half-day. If you choose to participate, please follow these guidelines.
- No peanut or tree nut products
- Please make sure all granola bars / cereal bars / etc are nut free!
- No juice, milk, or sports drinks. Unflavored, plain water only.
- No candies, cupcakes or super sugary snacks as we are trying to maintain a healthy food environment.
- We do not have a classroom refrigerator, please do not send anything that needs to be heated or cooled. Room temperature foods only.
- No sharing of food.
- Please aim for dry foods. No dips / spreads / fruit packed in liquids.
- Packages should be kid-friendly. Your child should be able to open the package without adult assistance. (Slider Ziploc bags are the best!)
Please ask if you have any questions.
Mrs. Raley & Mrs. Fischer
Healthy Snack Ideas
Please read labels to make sure the foods do not contain nuts and/or are processed in a facility that processes nuts.
- Apple Slices
- Cheese Sticks
- Snap Peas
- 100 Calorie Snack Packs
- Hard-boiled egg
- Dried Fruit
- Carrot sticks
- Cereal Bars (nut free)
- Nut-free snack mix
- Dry Cereal
- Cucumber slices