Methacton Backpack Program: Supporting District Families
August 9, 2021
Dear Methacton Community,
Back-to-school season is here and we look forward to welcoming students, families, and staff in the next few weeks. We also know that this time of year can be challenging in other ways for some families. Please consider contributing today -- or anytime during the school year – to the Methacton Backpack program. The Methacton Backpack program serves district families-in-need with supplemental food and non-food items. Our volunteers sort, pick and pack hundreds of items that are distributed on a monthly basis.
Families who qualify for free/reduced meals are eligible to apply for the Backpack Program. Please contact your child’s building secretary if you would like register your child(ren).
There are several ways to contribute to the Backpack Program:
- Collection Bins
- Donations can be dropped off (Monday thru Friday) at the Methacton High School East Wing or Arcola Intermediate School. Collection bins are located near the entrance.
- You can place an order through Amazon and ship it directly to the High School. Please remember to select, "No Weekend Delivery". The address is:
Methacton High School
c/o Backpack Program
1005 Kriebel Mill Rd.
Eagleville, PA 19403
- Financial Donation
- Provide a one-time donation or recurring donation to the Backpack Program. Click here to be directed to the RevTrak web payments system.
- Volunteers can help sort donated items and pack bags for distribution. Visit the district's volunteer page to learn how to become a volunteer.
What items can I donate?
- Individual Serving Food Items
- Single serving boxes of milk (shelf-stable/not refrigerated)
- Mini Cereal Boxes
- Canned Soup (cans with "pop tops")
- Oatmeal packets or cups
- Applesauce and Fruit Cups
- Chef Boyardee, Hormel, Dinty More Meals, etc.
- Easy Mac Cups
- Cracker packs
- Sweet Snacks: Fruit gummies, pudding, granola bars, etc.
- Salty Snacks: Pretzel packs, Goldfish, Popcorn, etc.
- 100% Juice boxes
- Non-Food Items
- Bar Soap
- Toothbrushes (adult and child, soft)
- Shampoo (all hair types)
- Conditioner (all hair types)
- Feminine Hygiene Supplies
- Sunscreen (SPF 15+)
- Dish Soap (liquid)
- Laundry Detergent
Thank you for all you do to support our school community. Please enjoy these final weeks of summer.
Methacton School District