HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT
PARKING PERMIT 2018–2019
Please note that there are changes to the parking permit process for the 18-19 school year. Parking will be on an everyday basis, rather than the every-other-day system that has been in operation. All parking will remain a Senior-only privilege.
Methacton High School Seniors who wish to park on campus must apply for a parking permit and sticker. Since there are not enough spaces for each student, permits and stickers are granted on a first-come, first-served basis until all available spaces are allotted. Seniors may apply for a parking permit starting June 28 at 8 a.m. through a SignUpGenius link on the Methacton High School home page.
Parking spots will be randomly assigned under the first come, first served process. Once parking spots are assigned, the student will be required to complete the Motor Vehicle Registration Form and make payment at Methacton High School on July 12, 12:30 PM. This completion of the registration process will take place in the main lobby.
Required items to be submitted between the hours of 8:00 AM on 12:30 PM on July 12:
- Motor Vehicle Registration Form
- Parking Fee Payment of $25.00
- Valid Driver’s License— If you have a learner’s permit, your application will be rejected.
- Current insurance information and vehicle registration
Student drivers must abide by the rules for school parking (School Board Policy 223).
Who may apply:
- Driving a car and parking on school property is a privilege that must be earned and maintained by Seniors ONLY.
- Freshmen, sophomores, and juniors are not permitted to drive to school, regardless of their age.
- Students who have obligations or are on the Disciplinary Probation List are NOT eligible for a parking permit until all obligations have been met, and the student is removed from the Disciplinary Probation List. Students who are on disciplinary probation may not drive to school. Students who remain on disciplinary probation for more than two weeks may have all driving privileges revoked.
ONLY Seniors in good standing may apply for a parking permit.
- Freshmen, sophomores, and juniors, regardless of age
- Students with open obligations
- Students on disciplinary probation
Note: Students who remain on disciplinary probation for more than two weeks may have all driving privileges revoked.
- All student cars parked on school district property must be registered and bear a school issued parking sticker.
- Parking stickers are non-transferable and are permanent for the school year. Giving, receiving, trading, making duplicates, or selling a parking stickers to another student will result in the removal of parking privileges for the remainder of the school year.
- Students with parking privileges may register only one vehicle. If, for any reason, you drive an unregistered vehicle to school, you must inform the MHS Assistant Principals’ Office prior to 1st period to complete a “car change information sheet” to stay on campus.
- All vehicles parked on school property shall be under the jurisdiction of the High School administration. This includes the right of school officials to search all vehicles and confiscate any illegal materials. The parking lots may be inspected on a daily basis to confirm the presence of valid parking stickers.
Parking and Driving Information:
- Students must park in the Senior Parking Lot, ONLY in the spot assigned to them. Failure to comply with this regulation will result in a fine. Repeated offenses may result in revocation of driving privileges.
- Students driving on Methacton School District property must follow all regulations of the School and Motor Vehicle Code of Pennsylvania. Failure to do so will result in the loss of parking privileges. Therefore, drivers must exercise caution and drive slowly on and around school property. Speeding and reckless driving will not be tolerated where lives are at stake. Speeding and reckless driving will result in immediate loss of driving privileges.
- The school cannot be held liable for any thefts or damage to vehicles. Individuals must handle any incidents of this nature at their own expense.
- Students are to park cars, exit immediately, and move directly to the building. Loitering in cars or the parking area is not permitted.
- At no time may students go to their cars during the school day without school authorization.
- In case of snow, parking cannot be guaranteed due to plowing.
- When Methacton School District issues an Early Dismissal due to weather, your vehicle must be removed from the lot.
Driving to school is a privilege and not a right. MHS administration may revoke your driving privileges at any time for disciplinary purposes.