SENIOR PARKING PASS REGISTRATION 2019–2020
Seniors who wish to park on campus everyday must apply for a parking sticker. All obligations must be met prior to June 19th registration. Since there are not enough spaces for each student this will be done on a first-come, first-served basis until all available spaces are filled at which time the parking registration will close. Seniors may apply on-line June 19th at 8:00am thru a link 2019-2020 Senior Parking Registration on the HS home page.
What you need to register
- Student ID #
- License plate #
- Make, model and color of the vehicle that you are registering
How to register
- USE YOUR CHROME BOOK
- Go to the High School home page
- If you are not using your chrome book, once you get to the High School home page you will have to LOG-IN WITH YOUR METHACTON STUDENT CREDENTIALS ****THIS IS THE ONLY WAY YOU CAN ACCESS THE REGISTRATION FORM.
- On the right side under Site Shortcuts click on Senior Parking Pass Registration 2019-2020.
- The registration form will open and you can enter your information.
- Click on submit at the bottom of the form.
- A screen will open saying 2019-2020 Senior Parking Registration responses have been recorded. This is your confirmation that you were able to sign-up for a parking sticker.
You have two payment options
- You may forgo your bus seat for the school year, and receive a $50.00 discount on your parking permit fee, making the payment only $25.00. To earn this discount, parent(s)/guardian(s) must complete, sign, and return the Bus Waiver Option-Reduced Fee form located at the end of this document.
- You may choose NOT to give up a seat on the bus, and be required to pay $75.00.
Parking sticker distribution
Will be on June 26th at 8:00a.m. HS main lobby. Students that signed-up on-line and received a confirmation will need to bring the following with them.
- Completed motor vehicle registration form
- Appropriate payment amount
- $75.00 - No bus waiver
- $25.00 - Completed bus waiver form
- Valid driver’s license
- You must have a valid driver’s license to apply for a parking space. If you have a leaner’s permit, your application will be rejected
- Current insurance card
- Current owner’s card
Junior class members who exceed 10 unexcused tardy arrivals to school will not be able to register their vehicles to park as seniors for the first month of school. After that month, they may make a written request to be placed on the waiting list for a parking space. Juniors who exceed 15 unexcused tardy arrivals will not be eligible for parking privileges in their senior year.
Student operators must abide by the rules for school parking (School Board Policy 223).
Who may apply:
- Driving a car and parking on school property is a privilege, not a right that must be earned and maintained by Seniors ONLY. Seniors must maintain good standing status to keep their parking privileges.
- Members of the freshman, sophomore, and junior classes are not permitted to drive to school, regardless of their age.
- Any student who has obligations or is on the Disciplinary Probation List is NOT eligible for a parking permit until all obligations have been met, and the student is removed from the Disciplinary Probation List. Students who are on disciplinary probation may not drive to school. Students who remain on disciplinary probation for more than two weeks may have all driving privileges revoked.
- All student cars parked on school district property must be registered and bear a school issued parking sticker.
- Parking stickers are non-transferable and are permanent for the school year. Giving, receiving, trading, making duplicates, or selling a parking stickers to another student will result in the removal of parking privileges for the remainder of the school year.
- Students cannot register a non-family vehicle.
- Students with parking privileges may register only one vehicle. If, for any reason, you drive an unregistered vehicle to school, you must inform the MHS Assistant Principals’ Office prior to 1st period to complete a “car change information sheet” to stay on campus.
- All vehicles parked on school property shall be under the jurisdiction of the High School administration. This includes the right of school officials to search all vehicles and confiscate any illegal materials. The parking lots may be inspected on a daily basis to confirm the presence of valid parking stickers.
Parking and Driving Information:
- Students must park in the Senior Parking Lot, ONLY in the spot assigned to them. Failure to comply with this regulation will result in a fine. Repeated offenses may result in revocation of driving privileges.
- Students driving on Methacton School District property must follow all regulations of the School and Motor Vehicle Code of Pennsylvania. Failure to do so will result in the loss of parking privileges. Therefore, drivers must exercise caution and drive slowly on and around school property. Speeding and reckless driving will not be tolerated where lives are at stake. Speeding and reckless driving will result in immediate loss of driving privileges.
- The school cannot be held liable for any thefts or damage to vehicles. Individuals must handle any incidents of this nature at their own expense.
- Students are to park cars, exit immediately, and move directly to the building. Loitering in cars or the parking area is not permitted.
- At no time may students go to their cars during the school day without school authorization.
- In case of snow, parking cannot be guaranteed due to plowing.
- When Methacton School District issues an Early Dismissal due to weather, your vehicle must be removed from the lot.
Driving to school is a senior privilege and not a right. Driving privileges may be revoked by MHS administration at any time for disciplinary purposes.
Maintaining good standing status
Senior class (2020) who exceed 10 unexcused tardy arrivals to school will lose that privilege for one month. At the end of that month, they may submit a written request to regain the privilege to park. Students who exceed 15 unexcused tardy arrivals will lose parking privileges for the remainder of the school year.
Junior class (2021) who exceed 10 unexcused tardy arrivals to school will not be able to register their vehicles to park as seniors for the first month of school. After that month, they may make a written request to be placed on the waiting list for a parking space. Juniors who exceed 15 unexcused tardy arrivals will not be eligible for parking privileges in their senior year.