Welcome to German at MethactonTEXT: GERMAN I KOMM MIT 2007 HOLT, REINEHART, AND WINSTON
Why learn German? Top Ten Reasons
1. Germany is the world's largest exporter.
2. The EU language with the largest number of native speakers is German.
3. 18% of the world's books are published in German.
4. Germany is home to numerous international corporations.
5. German is no harder to learn to speak and write than other languages.
6. German is the second-most commonly used scientific language.
7. German is the language of Goethe, Nietzsche and Kafka. Mozart, Bach, Beethoven, Freud and Einstein also spoke German.
8. Speaking and understanding German will deepen your knowledge of the culture and improve your employment opportunities.
9. Learning German provides deeper insights into a region that plays a vital role in central Europe's intellectual and economic life and in its cultural history.
10. In many regions, Germans account for the largest percentage of tourists.