Parents or Guardians are required to report an absence from school.
- You may either contact the Attendance Office (610-831-5314) OR you may send an email to: email@example.com.
- Parents are requested to call or email any time prior to 8:30 a.m. on the day of their child’s absence. An answering machine has been provided for your convenience.
- In the email of the message, parents must include their name, their child’s name, grade, and the reason for absence.
- Students are not allowed to report themselves absent.
- If a student’s absence is not reported, the school will contact a parent or guardian, at home, or at work so the student is accounted for. If a parent has not called or emailed to confirm the absence within two days, the days missed will be considered unexcused.
Dear Arcola Family,
Beginning on Monday, November 14, Methacton will begin utilizing the SchoolMessenger notification system to place student attendance calls. You will receive a recorded call and email issued to the contact phone numbers and email address in the Community Web Portal. Please contact the school to update your information whenever a phone number or email address changes so that we may ensure all contact information is up to date.
When your child is late or absent, we ask that you call 610-831-5314 (24-hour voicemail is available) or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org any time before 8:30 A.M. to report the absence. When responding by phone or email, please include your name, your child’s name and grade level, and reason for absence.
Students are not allowed to report themselves absent. If a student’s absence is not reported before 8:30 a.m., the SchoolMessenger call will be sent so that the student is accounted for. If a parent has not called or emailed to confirm the absence within two days, the days missed will be considered unexcused. More detailed attendance information can be found in the Arcola Handbook.
If you have any questions, please call 610-489-5000, ext. 30235.