Greetings and Welcome!
Thank you for visiting the Eagleville Elementary School website. Our website is a great resource to learn about the myriad of wonderful aspects of our awesome school.
I am the proud principal of Eagleville Elementary School where I have the privilege of providing leadership and oversight to a diverse group of students as well as the teachers, families, and stakeholders in the Methacton School District. They are a source of my pride because we work together collaboratively to help students reach their academic and social potential as noted in our district-wide theme, “TEAM – Together Everyone Achieves More.”
I am always interested in getting to know our families and school community. In kind, I would like to share with you some of my core educational beliefs which will help you to better understand my leadership style and practices:
Professional Values as Principal:
- I believe that student learning is the chief priority;
- I believe that our school must be a student-centered learning community in which all stakeholders have integral roles and shared responsibility in student achievement;
- I believe that adult expectations and teacher effectiveness are the most powerful forces on student learning;
- I believe that parents are experts on their children, teachers are experts on learning, and the combined efforts of parents, teachers, administration and students are essential to student achievement;
- I believe that the school should provide a safe environment and an educational program to meet the needs of each individual child so that he/she may be encouraged to function at his/her potential;
- I believe that educational experiences should enable students to learn to communicate effectively, solve problems competently, think critically and creatively, and act responsibly;
- I believe in an educational program that would help to develop the total child in the cognitive, affective, and psychomotor areas;
- I believe that each child should be provided with opportunities to establish him or herself as an individual as well as opportunities to function as a member of a group;
- I believe that America needs everyone to achieve and perform at even higher levels if we are to remain competitive in the world economy; and,
- I believe in “you” - students, staff, and stakeholders of Eagleville Elementary School, myself as an educational leader, and in education as the key to success and greatness!
My personal values are inextricably married to my professional values and are well-summed up by my favorite poet, William Arthur Ward, in the words of this poem:
Believe while others are doubting.
Plan while others are playing.
Study while others are sleeping.
Decide while others are delaying.
Prepare while others are daydreaming.
Begin while others are procrastinating.
Work while others are wishing.
Save while others are wasting.
Listen while others are talking.
Smile while others are frowning.
Commend while others are criticizing.
Persist while others are quitting.
I look forward to our continued partnership, as you are a valued member of the Eagleville TEAM! Together Everyone Achieves More, so let’s work together to make it a great 2017-2018 school year!
Your partner in education,
Dr. Zanthia D. Reddish :)