It is the mission of the Technology Education Department to:
- Have students develop an insight and an understanding of our technological society and the current emerging trends that will effect them.
- Help students develop technological problem solving and decision making abilities utilizing critical, ethical and creative thinking skills.
- Reinforce the students' basic skills that interrelate technology with other school subjects and prepare the students for lifelong learning in a technological society.
- Have students develop attitudes and abilities in the proper use of tools, processes and resources of technological and industrial systems.
- Have students explore and develop human potential related to responsible work, leisure and citizenship roles in a technological society.
Technology Education at Arcola:
The Technology Education program at Arcola is a 45 period curriculum. The 45 periods are composed of two experiences. Each experience utilize a variety of technologies.7th grade curriculum:Drafting and Materials Technology8th grade curriculum:Metal Manipulation and Advanced Wood Technology.
Links to the four Technology Education curriculum areas can be found on the Technology Education Home Page.