If you are interested in participating in Reading Olympics this year, please fill out the form below to sign up.Reading Olympics members will receive a pass from your homeroom teacher to attend.You must be signed up first to attend any club meetings.2018-19 Reading Olympics ListClick HERE for the 2018-2019 reading list.
Procedures for 2018-19 Reading Olympics
- Each team will consist of 6-10 players including one captain.
- The captain will be responsible for organizing and tracking novels.
- Each team will designate members to read and become the expert on specific titles.
- Ten books will be read each month until the winter break. These books will be divided between the team members.
- Keep in mind that most RO books can be used as IRP book titles.
- At the end of the month, team members will submit questions on the book for practice competitions.
- Questions can be submitted to the captain at each weekly meeting. Captains, please post only the questions no answers.
- If a team member finishes the book quickly, feel free to pick up a second book as a backup.
- Mini competitions will begin in January to prepare teams for the time limit and questioning procedures.
- The competition will be held in early March. We will be traveling to Pope John Paul High School and you will be responsible for your own transportation since it is a 15 minute drive.
Click on a website below to practice some questions for the books you read. Not every book has a quiz.
(You may have to set up a free account as a student to access the quizzes.)Permission slips for competition will be coming in February.