Welcome to Arcola Baseball
Coaches - Rob Mitchell (7th grade) - email@example.com
Patrick Smith (8th grade) - firstname.lastname@example.org
Picture day is Tuesday, March 29th. - To order individual and/or team pictures, please go to this website to place your orders.
Use the picture day code: CVJFM8TVE
A receipt must be printed and brought along to the pictures on Tuesday.
Spiritwear Link - Spiritwear is due by Wednesday, March 30th.
Practice this week - No practice on Thursday (half day at Arcola) or Friday for the 8th grade. Make sure that you are dressing appropriately for the different weather for the next couple of weeks.
Schedules - TBA for both teams
Practice times - Monday - Thursday from 3.10 pm - 5.10 pm
Fridays will be the coaches decision for practices
What to bring
- mask (that must be worn at all times if indoors)
- water bottle (that cannot be shared)
- both sneakers and spikes
- baseball pants
- baseball hat
- normal baseball equipment including glove, bat, and helmet
- catching equipment (if you are a catcher, including athletic supporter)
Getting to Know You
Please follow this link and fill out the form to help us get to know you organize everyone to begin the season.
(Link will be up shortly)
Important notes for tryouts
- Make sure that you go to the Planeths website and fill in all of the appropriate information for the physical forms. Players cannot tryout or practice until those forms are completed and they are cleared by the trainer.
- Please make sure you are following directions quickly and paying attention to what is going on. Not listening to directions can make a HUGE DIFFERENCE.
- Do your best, but do not try to overthrow to impress with your arm strength. Making the team in March but not being able to play games in April because your arm is sore is no fun.
- Making the team is based off of what the coaches see over the two / three days of tryouts. Do not think that because you are on a travel team or you take private lessons that you automatically make the team. Come prepared, work hard, follow directions, and do your best.
- Please note that players trying out for pitching and catching may be asked to stay longer on the tryout days. We will do our best not to keep the players past 5.45 pm.
- As coaches, we will try to keep as many players on the team as possible, but we will likely have make cuts for the purposes of playing time and helping players to improve their skills. We only get to see players for a few days, so we can only make decisions based on what we see in those few days.
- Players will be informed if they have made the team or not by Sunday, March 20th.