Click and print to participate in voluteering at one of Skyview's Home and School functions: VolunteerRequestForm
Questions? Contact Lauren Majewski @ firstname.lastname@example.org
PROCEDURES FOR BECOMING AN APPROVED METHACTON VOLUNTEER
1. Complete the on-line "Volunteer Registration Form" and print a copy to submit with your completed volunteer packet. Please go to Methacton’s website at www.methacton.org/volunteer. Links to obtain clearances and all necessary documents can be found at that site.
2. Submit requests for the following clearances to the appropriate agencies:
Act 34 - Pennsylvania Criminal History Background Check
Act 151 - Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance
FBI Criminal History Record - INDIVIDUALS WHO HAVE NOT RESIDED IN THE STATE OF PENNSYLVANIA CONTINUOUSLY FOR A PERIOD OF 10 YEARS BEFORE REGISTERING WILL ALSO NEED TO OBTAIN AN FBI CRIMINAL HISTORY RECORD (select Pennsylvania Dept. of Education).
Volunteer Affirmation Form - Those who have resided in the State of Pennsylvania for a period of 10 years or more at the time of registration do NOT need to obtain an FBI Criminal History Record check, but must instead complete and submit the Volunteer Affirmation Form contained in this packet.
PLEASE NOTE: Clearances cannot be more than 1 year old from the date we receive them.
3. Complete TB Testing
Contact Methacton School Nursing Coordinator Cheryl Peiffer at 610-489-5000, ext. 25040 or send an email to email@example.com to make an appointment to obtain a TB screening. Testing appointments are available for Monday, Wednesday with re-checks (48 hours later) on Wednesday, Thursday or Friday. You may have the TB test done by a school nurse for free, or by your family physician at your own cost. You will need to provide the TB test results with both clearances.
4. When you have clearances and TB results in hand, bring the documents to any school. DO NOT MAIL. You must have:
a. Completed and printed the online Volunteer Registration Form
b. Obtained both the PA Criminal History Background Check and PA Child Abuse History Clearance.
c. Completed the FBI Fingerprint Check (<10 years residing in PA) OR completed and signed the Methacton Volunteer Affirmation Form (>10 years residing in PA).
d. Obtained proof of a negative TB test from a doctor or Methacton school nurse.
DO NOT MAIL ORIGINAL CLEARANCES TO THE DISTRICT OFFICE – THEY WILL NOT BE RETURNED. A district employee will scan the documentation for district files and return the originals to you. Please retain your originals and keep them in a safe place.
5. Approval by Board of School Directors Once your paperwork has been received by the District, the Board of School Directors will need to approve your request to be a volunteer in the Methacton. This will be done at the next scheduled regular board meeting typically held on the fourth Tuesday of each month.
6. Once approved, please bring your valid PA driver’s license to the building you will be volunteering in to get your Volunteer Lanyard. As the beginning of each new school year, please bring your PA driver’s license to be re-scanned in order that a current school year badge can be produced.
7. Act 34 and 151 clearances will need to be renewed every 60 months. If you suspend your volunteer service for a year, you will also need to get new Act 34 and 151 clearances before volunteering again.
ONLY COMPLETED PACKETS WILL BE ACCEPTED