Study of the Constellations
Study of the Milky Way Galaxy
- Constellations - all kinds of information relating to the 88 mythical constellations and lots of data on many of the stars themselves.
- StarDate - guide on finding constellations and an exploration of constellation mythology.
- Stars - from Illinois edu help on finding stars and their mythology
- The Dome of the Sky - offers stories and details of the constellations
- Starlore - offers stories and details about the names and history of constellations
- Celestial Atlas (1826) - by Franz Niklaus König.
- Celestial Sphere, The - rendered maps of the heavens. Features the Tycho, Hipparcos, and Yale bright star maps.
- Constellations and their Stars, The - statistics, history, mythology for all 88 constellations and the named stars in them; also contains info on Messier objects; some star charts included.
- Deep Photographic Guide to the Constellations, The - monthly color photographic presentations of constellations and deep sky objects.
- Direct Project - determining the distances to nearby galaxies.
- Structure and Evolution of the Universe - NASA's quest to understand the Universe: its evolution, structure and ultimate fate.
- Skymaps.com - offers free sky maps of the northern and southern hemispheres for stargazing purposes.
- Japanese Star Charts and Moon Stations
- Information on stars, planets, nebula, and many other interesting things that are contained in this cluster of stars that we call The Milky Way.
- Milky Way Galaxy, The
- Milky Way System
- Milky Way, The
- Multiwavelength Milky Way - images of the sky near the Galactic plane in spectral lines and continuum bands spanning a frequency range of more than 14 orders of magnitude.
- Our Own Galaxy: The Milky Way
- Shape of the Milky Way
Study of the Visible Universe
- Astronomical Applications
- Astronomical Calendar - make an astronomical calandar by tracing a pole's shadow on the summer and winter solstice, and the equinox.
- Astronomical Sky Calendar
- Astronomy - What's Up This Month - monthly updates on astronomical events, star charts for the month, photos, charts, and more.
- Celestial Times
- Compute Local Apparent Sidereal Time - an online form. Astronomers use local sidereal time because it corresponds to the coordinate right ascension of a celestial body that is presently on the local meridian.
- Cosmicdust - monthly celestial events.
- ESO Sky Calendar Tool - produces a nightime calendar of phenomena for a single site.
Technical Education Resources
Information on Nearby Stars
Dr. Kaler (most excellent speaker!) Personal Website on Stars and Constellations
Radio Show and Web information on the Stars
Stars, Planets, Galaxies, Cosmology, Energy, Activities!
Astrology (Science Fiction)
What is my Horoscope? (Science Fiction)
Anglo-Australian Observatory (View from down-under)
Top Fifty Images from the AAO
Windows to the Universe (good pictures and mythology)