VOLUNTEER CLEARANCESMembers of the Methacton community who choose to volunteer in our schools as volunteers or overnight chaperones are required to obtain clearances. Procedures for obtaining these clearances can be found below. The Methacton School District values our volunteers! The district will honor clearances that have been obtained within the last calendar year. Clearances can be no older than one year from the date we receive them. Please bring your original clearances and TB test results in to your child's school office so that we can validate their authenticity and make electronic copies for our records. Please note that individuals employed in private/public school, daycare, law enforcement,etc., will not be excused from submitting their clearances.New Pennsylvania state legislation requires that all school district employees, contractors and volunteers must update their PA Criminal History Report and PA Child Abuse Clearance Certificate once every five (5) years. Volunteers must also submitted either an FBI report through IdentiGO (for residents who have lived in Pennsylvania less than 10 years) or a Volunteer Affirmation Form (for residents who have lived in Pennsylvania 10+ years). Below are the links for each of the clearances online as well as the paper forms if you choose to print and submit the clearance by mail.
- PA Criminal Background Check Form or submit online at: https://epatch.state.pa.us/Home.jsp (INSTRUCTIONS: Click on "New Record Check - VOLUNTEERS ONLY.")
- For individuals applying for their Child Abuse History Certification for volunteer purposes, the fee has been waived and no payment is required.
- Download a PA Child Abuse History Certification Form or submit online at: https://www.compass.state.pa.us/CWIS (INSTRUCTIONS: Create "individual account." Create your own "Keystone ID" number. For purpose of application - click on “VOLUNTEER.” Volunteer Category - drop down box: click on “OTHER.” Name of Agency: “Methacton.")
For individuals applying for their Child Abuse History Certification for volunteer purposes, the fee has been waived and no payment is required. For those applicants submitting payment with an application for volunteer purposes, the application will be processed and the payment will be returned.
- INDIVIDUALS WHO HAVE NOT RESIDED IN THE STATE OF PENNSYLVANIA CONTINUOUSLY FOR A PERIOD OF 10 YEARS BEFORE REGISTERING WILL ALSO NEED TO OBTAIN AN FBI CRIMINAL HISTORY RECORD (select Pennsylvania Dept. of Education).
FBI Fingerprint Clearance - There is a new company facilitating fingerprinting for the PA Dept. of Education called IdentoGOregister and set up appointment online at: https://uenroll.identogo.com/ You will be asked for a Service Code: 1KG6XNFollow the directions online and be sure to checkmark the box for a copy of the report to be sent to you through U.S. Mail and/or email. We will accept a copy of the unofficial report. Once you complete the registration process, print your receipt. You will need to take that receipt to get your fingerprints scanned.
- Volunteer Affirmation Form - Those who have resided in the State of Pennsylvania for a period of 10 years or more at the time of registration do NOT need to obtain an FBI Criminal History Record check, but must instead download, sign, and submit this Volunteer Affirmation form.