Arcola Intermediate School
Timeline for Course Scheduling (including Honors)
Below is the annual scheduling timeline for students currently in grade 6 who will be taking classes (including honors classes) in grade 7 next school year AND for students currently in grade 7 who will be taking classes (including honors classes) in grade 8 next school year.
- Marking Period 3 ends
- Student eligibility for honors is determined based on course/subject specific data points as listed within the honors eligibility section of this web site by end of month
- Arcola Administration provides communication to current 6th and 7th-grade parents at beginning of month to:
- Notify parents of the general scheduling process and remaining timeline
- Notify parents of the descriptions of World Languages and the selection process for current 7th grade students for next year
- Students in grade 7 complete the electronic World Language selection for next school year.
- Arcola Administration provides communication to current 6th and 7th-grade parents (mid-month) on the following:
- How and when to access course assignments via Parent Portal
- Procedures for inquiries about course assignments
- Description of appeal process
- Access to student course assignments enabled in Powerschool Parent Portal (end of month)
- This allows parents/students to see the courses, including honors courses, that are included in next year’s student schedule. The actual schedule with teacher assignments is provided in August as per this timeline.
- Deadline for submission to the Arcola Administration of all honors courses appeals (by end of first full week)
- Last day of current school year
- Access to individual student schedules enabled in Powerschool Parent Portal (last week)
- This allows parents/students to see the courses including honors courses and the daily schedule along with assigned teachers for the coming year