The Methacton School District is embarking upon a new school year full of exciting and dynamic learning opportunities! Below are quick links and updates for the 2019-2020 school year.
- Elementary Teacher Welcome Letters – Letters with teacher assignments and other pertinent information will be mailed on August 14. *Note: Skyview will not send letters with homeroom information via U.S. Mail.
- Some 1st grade families may receive updated packets from your student's school by August 23, 2019.
- Student Health Form - You will receive a physical copy of the Student Health Form (via U.S. Mail for elementary, and distributed to grades 5-12 on the first day of school). Please complete and return this form to your student’s school by August 29, 2019. This form must be reviewed and verified every school year.
- Class/Teacher Assignments: Schedules are made visible in PowerSchool on the following dates:
- Methacton High School – August 6, 2019
- Arcola/Skyview/All Elementary – August 19, 2019
- Contact Information Verification: Please review your student’s emergency contact information in PowerSchool. You will be prompted to verify the information is correct or make any necessary updates.
- Handbook Sign Off: Please review your student’s school handbook (and related addendum, if applicable) in PowerSchool. You will be prompted to acknowledge that you have reviewed and discussed the document with your student.
- Publicity Refusal Form: If you do not want your student videotaped or photographed in the 2019-2020 school year, complete the Publicity Refusal Form in PowerSchool by September 30, 2019.
*Letters were mailed to newly registered families with login credentials for the PowerSchool Parent Portal on August 1. If you are a current family who has not yet registered, or if you misplaced your letter, please call your student's school for assistance. Learn more about PowerSchool at www.methacton.org/powerschool.Transportation
- First Student Transportation: Bus assignments are available on the PowerSchool Parent Portal beginning on August 18. The district will no longer send letters with busing information via U.S. mail.
- Visit https://www.methacton.org/powerschool for details on how to access your parent portal account. If you have not already established your portal access, please call the main office at your student’s school to obtain the necessary credentials (Access ID and Password for each student) to create your account.
Back to School Night Schedule
- 7 p.m. - September 10 (Grades 9 and 10)
- 7 p.m. - September 18 (Grades 11 and 12)
- 6 p.m. – September 5 (Grades 7 and 8)
- 7 p.m. – September 11 (Grade 6)
- 7 p.m. – September 12 (Grade 5)
Arrowhead Elementary School – 6:30 p.m., September 4
Eagleville Elementary School – 6:30 p.m., September 19
Woodland Elementary School – 6:30 p.m., September 3
Worcester Elementary School – 6:30 p.m., September 23
School Supply Lists
The instructional calendar is approved by the Board of School Directors in the spring for the following school year. It is distributed to all families each year via email, and outlines days schools are in session, potential snow-make-up days, etc. Find other events and activities for the coming school year on the district website calendar.School Start/Dismissal Times
- Elementary - Lists of any necessary school supplies will be mailed home with teacher letters.
Morning Kindergarten: 9:05 a.m. - 11:55 p.m.
Afternoon Kindergarten: 12:45 p.m -3:35 p.m.
Elementary Schools (Grades 1-4): 9:05 a.m. - 3:35 p.m.
Skyview Upper Elementary School (Grades 5-6): 8:35 a.m. - 3:15 p.m.
Arcola Intermediate School (Grades 7-8): 8:10 a.m. - 2:50 p.m.
Methacton High School (Grades 9-12): 7:30 a.m. - 2:20 p.m.
School Meal Information
- Aramark Food Services
- 10 Things to Know About Your Cafeteria
- Free/Reduced Meals Information
- Set up a school cafeteria account (Point of Sale) for your student. Download a Pin Pad Practice Sheet!
Stay Informed! Stay Connected!
- Intro to Communications Tools
- SchoolMessenger Notification System
- Parent Portal - PowerSchool
- Home and School Communications - Konstella