Summary - June 4, 2019 Special Meeting
The Methacton Board of School Directors met on June 4, 2019 at Arrowhead Elementary School for a scheduled Special Meeting to hear a presentation from KCBA Architects of Hatfield, PA, on the potential considerations for a renovation or new construction of Arrowhead Elementary School.
Superintendent Dr. David Zerbe opened the meeting by providing context around the purpose of the presentation. Dr. Zerbe indicated in summary that Arrowhead Elementary school, as described in a facilities study completed in 2016, is in need of approximately $14 Million in necessary repairs.
Mike Kelly, an Architect with KCBA, presented a 117-slide presentation that recommended the following:
- Not to renovate or expand the existing school building, for there are far too many modifications needed to justify expenditures
- Build a new school building behind the existing school
- Design the school for a capacity of 625 to accommodate future growth
- Bid the project with an alternate to reduce 4 classrooms (525 capacity)
- Release presentation and solicit feedback from the public