Entrepreneurship - Syllabus
- To be able to define entrepreneur and to determine characteristics of an
- To be aware of the risks of pursuing an entrepreneurial opportunity
- To comprehend economics and the role entrepreneurs have in the economy
- To understand the tasks of marketing a good or service including market
research, market analysis and promotion
- To create a convincing business plan
- To learn from successful entrepreneurs including their successes and failures
- To read and be aware of business current events
Entrepreneurship Ideas in Action 4th edition
- Notebook or binder (with looseleaf)
- Pen or pencil
- One brain
- Good attitude and work ethic
Grades are calculated by the following: Total points earned = 100%
Tests, quizzes, homework, classwork, and reports are included in this grade.
Most homework is worth 10 points. Homework that is not turned on the day it is due results in a zero. It is due when you walk in. Other assignments worth more than 10 points that need to be completed outside of class are also due when you walk in. If it is late, it will result in 50% off per day. Anything after “when you walk in” will be considered a day late. Do not walk in the classroom and ask to print on the day that it is due. It will not be considered to be completed on time. If you have a problem printing an assignment, email the assignment before it’s due and print it later.
- Do what’s right
- Do the best you can.
- Treat others as you want to be treated.
If you follow the above guidelines you should do very well.
Please be aware of the following classroom policies.
Latenesses will be recorded and you will be given a ½ hour detention if you reach your third. After that, you will be given a detention after your second lateness. Some students will be given additional time depending on where your previous class is located.
If you need to make up a test/quiz, please take initiative and make an arrangement with the teacher.
Food and drink
Food and drink (water is the exception) is not permitted in the classroom.
Please have your charged Chromebook with you to class. Don’t expect to be able to charge it in the classroom.
- Cell phone and iPOD use are not permitted in class. There will be exceptions but with teacher permission only. Please keep them out of sight. If a student has difficulty following this procedure then he or she will hand me the cell phone or iPOD at the beginning of class and will pick it up when class ends.
- Please don’t do other school work or anything else unrelated to Entrepreneurship during class, unless permission is granted.
- Please do not put your book away or pack up your things before you’ve been instructed to do so. The class time is 46 minutes.
- You are allowed to have a positive attitude, respect others, improve yourself and have fun in the process.
Have a great semester!