Board and administration of the Methacton School District are committed to
preserving extracurricular activities and athletics for our students because we
believe these opportunities are integral to a well-rounded education. In order
to offset some of the costs of providing these programs, the district requires
that participating students remit a “pay to participate” fee.
1. The "Pay to Participate Fee," will be assessed per student, only to students in grades 7-12 who participate in the following extracurricular programming:
All MHS and Arcola athletics
The MHS Marching Band (includes Jazz Band, Winter Guard, and Winter Percussion)
The MHS play and musical
Arcola Musical Participants
2. Fees for participating students will be:
- $75 - one-time fee for MHS students who participate in one or more sports, and/or applicable activities at MHS.
- $50 - one-time fee for Arcola students who participate in one or more sports and/or the Arcola musical.
The activity fee will help reduce the operational costs for secondary extracurricular activities and athletics. Students will be considered ineligible for their activity or sport if the fee is not paid within the designated two week grace period after the official start of the athletic season or activity.
Students who qualify for the free and reduced lunch program will not be expected to pay the fee. No student shall be denied participation in extracurricular or athletic activities due to their inability to pay the fee. Families with financial concerns may contact the office of the Assistant Principal Paul Spiewak (email@example.com or 610-489-5000, ext. 25054) to determine if other arrangements may be made for payment of the fee. Arcola students should contact the office of Assistant Principal Ryan Creeden (firstname.lastname@example.org or 610-489-5000, ext. 30213) with concerns about their ability to pay.
- Forms necessary to remit payment are available for download: MHS Form Arcola Form
- Families may also pay online with a credit card, subject a small service charge. When paid by credit card, the fee is $51.81 for Arcola students and $77.71 for MHS students. MHS Arcola
Please feel free to review a list of frequently asked questions, and if you continue to have questions or concerns, please call the athletics/activities office at 610-489-5054.
Assistant Principal of Athletics and Activities