WELCOME TO THE ASTRONOMERS!
Congratulations! You have been selected to be on the sixth grade team of the Astronomers. Here is some important information that will help you start on the right track. On the first day of school each student will receive handbooks that will thoroughly cover all phases of the Skyview Experience.
Team Teachers - Click on the teacher's name to go directly to their websites.
Six-Day Cycle – Skyview operates on a six-day, A-F, cycle. Students have five academics and a special area subject every day. They will have physical education every other day. All musical performing groups rehearse during the last period of the day.
Homework Policy – Homework is an integral part of the instructional program. All team teachers count homework as a part of their grade and missing and/or late homework will have a negative impact on your child’s final average. Students will be issued a homework pass that may be used no more than once per marking period per subject. It is the student's responsibility to keep their homework pass in a safe place. NO HOMEWORK PASSES WILL BE RE-ISSUED! Not all assignments may be used with the homework pass. ALEKS (math) and IRP (reading) may not be used on the homework pass.
Lockers – Students are issued lockers that are located along the halls outside of their homerooms. Locker assignments and combinations will be given out during the first week of school.
Lunch – Our team is scheduled for lunch from 12:40-1:10
Supplies – Each student will also need to have the following supplies:
1. Organization system (binder, folders, accordion folder, etc) with 5 dividers or Report folders (at least 1 for all subjects) - more may be needed for special area teachers
2. Pens - Black, Blue, and Red
3. Marble Composition Books or spiral notebooks (at least 100 pages) for reading, English, and science
4. Colored pencils - with a small personal sharpener dedicated for colored pencils
5. Highlighters - must include 2 yellow
6. Pencils (pre-sharpened) and pencil top eraser
7. Box of tissues and hand sanitizer
8. Sheet protectors - at least 10
PLEASE, NO ROLLING BOOK BAGS – THEY WILL NOT FIT IN THE LOCKERS
We hope this information will help to ease the transition into 6th grade. This is an exciting time for all of us. Yes, teachers, parents, and students all feel the excitement of a new school year. That anticipation will help keep the enthusiasm of learning and growing together fresh all year long.
We look forward to working with you this year,
The Astronomers Teachers