METHACTON SUMMER CAMPS!
For more detailed information and to register for our camps, please Click on the "Methacton Community Summer Camp" button on our WEB STORE!
We are excited to offer the following summer camps this year!
We are also excited to announce our new easy registration process through RevTrak. For help creating a RevTrak account, please read our Creating an Account Instructions.
WINTER 2015 COMMUNITY EDUCATION
The Methacton School District offers a variety of programs through Community Education. These programs fill quickly, so complete your registration soon!
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGES IN THE WINTER COMMUNITY EDUCATION BROCHURE:
CLASS SCHEDULES THAT HAVE CHANGED DUE TO INCLEMENT WEATHER:
Please mark your calendars:
* Arrowhead Chess - cancelled 3/3/15. Make up date - April 14
* Audubon Science Explorers - cancelled 3/3/15. Make up date - April 21
* Audubon Chess - now running through April 20
* Co-Ed Recreational Volleyball - cancelled program 2/25/15. Make up date: 04/22/15.
* Competitive Edge Swim - Level 2, 3, & 4 - programs will run until March 24
* Drawing and Acrylic - cancelled program 3/3/15. Make up date - May 5
* Gentle Yoga - now running through April 20
* Men's Basketball - now running through April 30
* Pilates and Meditation - cancelled program 3/3/15. Make up date - April 7
* Skyview Chess - now running through April 23
* Worcester Science Explorers - now running through April 20
* Worcester Chess - now running through April 23
* Zumba - Thursdays - cancelled program 3/5/15. Make up date - April 30
- - - - - - - - -
CANCELLED CLASSES DUE TO LOW ENROLLMENT - CLASS FEES WILL BE REFUNDED:
* Robo Challenge
* Skyview Science Explorers
* Zumba Girls
* Woodland Science Explorers
* Gadgets and Gizmos
* Storm Chasers
- - - - - - - - - -
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGES TO THE COMMUNITY EDUCATION BROCHURE:
* BEGINNING WATERCOLOR – CLASS #505 – Revised class times are from 6:30 to 9:30pm.
* GETTING PAID TO TALK – CLASS #136 – Revised class date is Thursday, April 30th.
* DOG AGILITY TRAINING – CLASS #410 – Revised class time is 9:30am
* MEN’S BASKETBALL – CLASS #300 – No classes on March 5, March 19, and April 2
* CO-ED VOLLEYBALL – CLASS #305 – Cost of program is $75.00
* TENNIS PROGRAMS - All tennis lessons are 1 hour long. In April and May lessons will be held on OUTSIDE COURTS at Frog Hollow Tennis in Lansdale.
* SATURDAY SWIMMING LESSONS – Revised swim lesson dates for
all swim classes: March 21, March 28, April 11, April 18, May 2, May 9,
May 16, May 23
* Planetarium Shows Celestial Highlights #924 and Oasis in Space #924B - have been changed from April 24, 2015 to APRIL 10, 2015. Times remain the same.
UPCOMING MALLON PLANETARIUM SHOWS!
Spend the evening with us as we tour the night sky at the Mallon Planetarium. We have some wonderful shows coming up. For more information, please see the Mallon Planetarium webpage here: http://www.methacton.org/domain/285
DATE: Friday, March 20, 2015
· #920 - Molecularium – 6:30pm
· #920B - Celestial Highlights – 7:45pm
LOCATION: Mallon Planetarium at the Arcola Intermediate School
4001 Eagleville Rd., Eagleville, PA 19403. ** Please park behind Arcola and enter through Planetarium entrance at the back of the building.
COST: $7/show, OR $10/two shows on same night
MSD COMMUNITY EDUCATION REGISTRATION FORM
WHEN SCHOOLS CLOSE OR DISMISS EARLY DUE TO SNOWY WEATHER, ALL AFTER-SCHOOL ACTIVITIES AND EVENING CLASSES ARE CANCELLED. To check our operational schedule during inclement weather, please follow the instructions below:
* Check MSD homepage: Details regarding closures or early dismissal will be posted on the district’s home page.
* E-Alerts: By creating an account in our “Schoolwires E-Alert” system, you will automatically receive emails regarding weather related announcements by email or text messages. Instructions for E-Alerts can be found under Family Resources > Schoolwires E-Alerts.
*Methacton App: The school district has a free app available on ITunes and Google Play. School closings and early dismissals will be posted there. Details are available on our website at www.methacton.org/app.
*Twitter and Facebook: Follow us @ Methacton
*Phone, TV, and Radio: Our school number on KWY news radio station #1016 and on CBS 3 Eyewitness News is #316. You can also check the district’s News Line by calling 610-831-5331.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING IMPORTANT INFORMATION!
The Methacton School District Board of School Directors is committed to use of school facilities by the community it serves. The Methacton School District Community Education Program is one way that we strive to accomplish that goal. The program is designed to offer a host of cost effective, interesting enrichment programs for individuals of all ages, while fostering a love of life-long learning. The program is self-supported. If you have any questions about the program, have an idea for a class, or would like to become an instructor, please contact Kathy Kifer, program coordinator at email@example.com or call 610-489-5000, ext. 15007.