Shared Beliefs and Understandings
- Middle school is a time of great social, emotional, and intellectual growth for students.
- Students develop critical thinking skills at different rates in different disciplines throughout their academic careers.
- We endeavor to challenge our students and provide them with the most rigorous curriculum that is appropriate for their level of readiness.
- While providing a challenge is imperative, we also want to be sure that our students are working at a comfortable rate and pace, such that they develop the basic skills that provide a foundation for success in high school and beyond.
- We use multiple types of data (standardized assessments, summative assessments, curriculum-based measures, and observational data) to inform our decisions about the most appropriate placements for our students.
2016/2017 Arcola Course Description Booklet